Mitoku Organic Ryujin Umeboshi Salt Pickled Plums 150g
Mitoku Organic Ryujin Umeboshi Salt Pickled Plums 150g adds a lively tanginess to cooked vegetables, salad dressings, quick pickles, sushi, dips, spreads and sauces. Mince the flesh before adding to recipes. They are entirely hand-made by the traditional method. First, premium organic Ume (Japanese plums) are gathered in remote orchards. The tart fruits are pickled in sea salt, sun-dried, then aged in their own juice for up to a year. Shiso leaves (Perilla frutescens) is added to impart its deep red color and zesty flavour.
THE ART OF MAKING AND USING TRADITIONAL JAPANESE FOODS
Mitoku’s motto is “Food Is Medicine.” Mitoku has been the leading exporter of high quality traditional Japanese natural and organic foods for more than 30 years.
Mitoku’s purpose has been to introduce to the West the highest quality foods with an “Authentic Taste of Traditional Japan.” At Mitoku, they strongly believe that the diet developed in Japan over the past several centuries can make a great contribution to the Western world in its search for foods that are not only wholesome, nutritious and health promoting but also delicious, attractive and satisfying.
- Ume plums (76%)
- sea salt
- Shiso leaves (Perilla frutescens)
Orange Ume Dressing
This is a refreshing summer dressing for tossed salads and noodle salads.
- 3 level tablespoons toasted sesame seeds or 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons umeboshi paste or minced umeboshi
- 2 tablespoons light sesame or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Juice of 1 to 1 1/2 oranges (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion or chives (optional)
- Yield 1 cup
- Toast sesame seeds (if using) in a dry skillet over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. When seeds are fragrant and begin to pop, remove from pan to prevent them from overcooking and becoming bitter.
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Mix in scallions or chives (if desired), and chill for 30 minutes before using.
Product packaging and materials may contain more and or different information than that shown on our website.
Above all, the information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product.